Thursday, August 5, 2010

Firefighter Cupcakes


Everyone knows, I love to bake. Everyone knows, the Roscoe's workout like mad people. SOOO!!! With that said, the goodies I love to bake sometimes go to waste. So today I was at the gym stretching after my workout, and there was a Henderson firefighter stretching next to me. They workout every morning like us. So it hit me, why not bake for the firefighters? So I asked the guy if they ever accept baked goods from people, and he got a funny look on his face and said it depeneded. I totally understand that. So I baked some Apple Crisp cupcakes (spice cake and yellow cake with diced apples cream cheese frosting and a crsip topping), and the boys and I headed for the fire station. The guys were great, and the Chief had a cupcake while I was there. They loved them! Then they told me about all the crazy cat ladies who try to give them baked goods, I told them we were pet free and clean. Hee hee. They gave us a tour of the firehouse, which if I wasn't frazzled on trying to find the place and not looking like an idiot bringing baked goods to strangers, I would have taken pictures. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment